Thursday 5 April 2007

Birthday Run through Dead Mines


Flimsystone, for a birthday treat xx years old yesterday was given a choice what to do for the night. The result was a race through the Deadmines. Bob, Flimsy, Fuzzy and Rhienne lined up at the instance, entered alone and then joined a party to help with communication. Bob had the advantage of 12 levels on the other 3 and handicapped himself by taking on 2 quests that he had previously missed as the Noob that I was. The quests for the record [Collecting Memories] & [Oh Brother. . . ].

I also started off without the aid of Bobcat, but quickly changed my mind. A Beast Master Hunter without his faithful companion is as much use as a Chocolate Teapot.

Bobcat was released onto the unsuspecting miners in aggressive mode and quickly tore through the instance. Bob was unable to keep up with the ferocious onslaught and missed out on lots of Twink loot.

Flimsy was the first to the WWE wrestler Rhahk'Zor aka The Foreman. Bob made short work of The Foreman and moved swiftly past his bodyguards who did not Aggro when a Level 63 Dwarf, armed to the teeth ran past with Aspect of Cheetah.

Bob and Bobcat got quickly in their stride and even killed the Rare spawn Miner Johnson and collected the Miner's Cape for the slight detour.

The carnage continued with Bobcat taking out the Goblins and in particular the Shredder on his own. As usual it was difficult to target Sneed but just in time I made a striking blow to maintain a share of the loot.

I was easily ahead when I headed downstairs to fight the Goblin Engineers. I cleared the room unnecessarily because at the end of the day this was a race. Flimsy at this point asked how my quests were going. Damn, drat - a deal was a deal, so off back into the instance I went back to find the Union Cards and the Explorer Badge.

5 minutes later, and back at the entrance with a mound of dead miners, I decided it was time to continue the race. Everybody was attacking Mr Smite by this stage. I raced down picked up the dynamite and blew the door, but I already knew it was too much to catch them up.

After a particularly slow death of Mr Smite, Bob and Bobcat took alternative pirates. But halfway up the ships ramp, the game was finally up, and the Birthday Girl had killed Van Cleef bounded over the side and out of the Instance.

Some minutes later a dejected Bob emerged into the sunlight in last place. Rhienne broke the news that my quests were in fact outside the Instance. Thankfully the language filter &*$£ &*$£ &*$£ &*$£ managed to block out my true feelings.

No comments: